Thermal imaging cameras are thermographic test equipment used to measure and detect in areas where naked eyes cannot reach. The cameras are used in different industries such as plumbing, firefighting, and electrical work. However, as an electrical inspector, this is by far one of the most important tools for spotting overloaded circuits. Let’s take a look at the best thermal imaging camera for electrical inspections: top 10!
FLIR E8 Compact Thermal Imaging Camera
This is a reliable thermal camera to use in both cold and hot areas. It has a high resolution of 320 by 240 t and 76,800-megapixel level that is higher than the standard thermal cameras. It automatically detects the temperatures of the region to adapt to better results. It has a long handle that provides an excellent and comfortable grip and weighs about 1.2 pounds for comfortable hold when working. It reliable since it stores every captured image. The camera has a fixed overlays section that displays all the captured images for easy analyzing of the problem in the area. It comes with a Li-ion rechargeable battery that can work for up to 4 hours.
- You can easily record the collected images by connecting the camera to the PC.
- It has extra storage space for keeping your pictures.
- It can be used to detect electrical issues from 1000 yards apart.
- It is easy to use.
- Cannot function on wood or walls.
- It cannot function on fire
FLIR E4 Compact Thermal Imaging Camera
One of the outstanding features on this thermal camera is the large LCD screen that is colored to provide clear and precise readings. It can be used in both cold and hot areas with temperatures ranging from -20 to 250 degrees Celcius. The device simultaneously stores the captured images for later analyzing. It comes with a rechargeable battery that can last up to 4 hours when used non-stop. Note that this Fril camera model is not compatible with external lenses.
- It automatically goes off when not in use to save battery power.
- PIt provides great images.
- It is easy to work with the camera.
- It is quite expensive.
- Some customers have complained about the resolution being too low for the price of the camera.
Seek Thermal CompactPRO – High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Camera
For more convenience when working with this thermal camera, you can connect it to a smartphone or tablet. It has an adjustable resolution power for excellent viewing and capturing of images. It can be used in various areas such as buildings, electrical issues and other mechanical failures that you cannot see with naked eyes. It also works in areas with limited lighting as it has a flashlight that provides illumination. You can work in water regions or even when it is raining as the casing is made of waterproof materials. It is long-lasting and does not require a battery or charging.
- It is easy to work with.
- Gives positive images.
- You can change up to 9 different colors on the software.
- It comes with a carrying case.
- You have to register the app to b able to use it.
- The camera gives flat images.
Seek Thermal Revealpro – Ruggedized, High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Camera
This thermal camera has a high-resolution power of 320 by 240 to allow you to get a perfect view even in most hidden places. It is ideal for both DIY and professional work as it can easily view the darkest places that eyes cannot reach. It has an LED flashlight for comfortable capturing videos and images in different areas. The colored large LCD screen provides good readings of the problems for easy resolution. It has a rechargeable battery that lasts for long. The device can sense areas with different ranging temperatures of around -40 to 625 degrees Celcius. It has nine mixed color pallets.
- It is easy to control, especially if you want to have an IR image view.
- It comes with a micro SD for additional storage space.
- The camera provides sharp images.
- It is quite expensive.
- The battery does not hold a charge for long.
FLIR TG165 – Spot Thermal Imaging Camera
This class 11 laser product is made of high-quality structure that is durable such that even when you drop it accidentally, it will not break. It measures and captures reading in areas with both low and high temperatures range from -25 to 340 degrees celsius. It is light in weight for easy holding for long and has a reasonable resolution to provide a good reading view. The available 8 B SD offers storage space for storing captured images. The package comes with a USB cable that connects to other devices like the PC for downloading pictures. It is backed up with a warranty for quality assurance.
- It has a high-quality camera.
- It is easy to use and work with for long hours.
- It is super easy to use for first-timers.
- The camera provides excellent and accurate results.
- Some customers have complained about the images being a bit smaller.
- It has low detection variations.
IR Resolution Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera
This thermal camera has a large screen measuring 3. 2 inches and resolution power of 220 by 160 to provide an excellent reading for ample viewing. It has five different color pallets to choose your preferred display color. It comes with a 3GB inbuilt SD card that offers additional storage space for future reference. It is super light and has a large ergonomic designed handle for comfortable working with. It is recommended or professional and DYI people since it can view most of the electrical hitches that you cannot be able to see with your eyes. Quality is guaranteed with a warranty that includes 60 days money back refund.
- It is quite versatile in use.
- It provides an excellent thermal image view due to the high-resolution level.
- It gives different temperature spots that are low, medium and high.
- It is adjustable from IR to light visuals for better viewing in different regions.
- You may need to stand relatively closer to what you are looking at.
- The camera does not support manual settings.
FLIR C2 – Compact Thermal Imaging Camera
You can slip this thermal camera in your pocket as it features small design and lightweight for comfortable carrying around when working. It has a relatively high-resolution power and gives high pixel images of up to 4800. You can work in both cold and hot temperatures measuring from -14 to 302 degrees. It has a high accuracy estimated to be +-2 degree Celcius and has an operating temperature of about -10 to 50 + degrees. It comes with a USB cable that you can connect to other devices to share the captured videos or images. Note that this device should be stored in areas with a temperature range of between -40 to 70 + degrees.
- It is quite sturdy.
- You can easily lock the color or image scheme with the device.
- The resolution power is excellent for the price.
- You can work for long hours with the device due to its lightweight.
- It is not too reliable for in-depth areas.
- You have to download the FLIRS software to be able to use the camera and some of its features.
IR Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera. Model HTI-19
The camera gives an excellent reading with a resolution of 320 by 240. It can be used in a wide range of activities such as home inspection, firefighting, farming, and even repairing electric devices. It has five different color palettes that present a tremendous and reliable reading. It has an additional 3 GB SD card that provides functional storage space to keep your captured images. It has a rechargeable battery although it is quite durable and can last for up to 5 hours when in use. The large LCD screen gives a good view while the flashlight provides excellent reading views even in dark areas. If you an inspecter constantly working in dark areas this is the best thermal imaging camera for electrical inspections.
- The thermal camera is quite affordable.
- The resolution power is reliable for use even in dark areas.
- It is small and light for comfortable carrying around.
- It is easy to use, even for beginners.
- It produces annoying noises when used in dark and cold areas.
- It has a fixed scale; hence, you cannot customize it to fit your needs.
Perfect Prime IR0005 Infrared (IR) Thermal Imaging Camera
This thermal camera can be used in different industries such as firefighting, automotive work and even in checking the electricity areas. It has high-resolution power plus a large screen to give a good reading. It provides an accuracy of -+2 and can be used in areas with a temperature range of -20 to 300 degrees Celsius. There are five color pallets to choose from. The image overlay feature allows the user to align both the infrared and light images for excellent viewing. The camera is sold with a two-year warranty plus an additional 12 months after you register the product. If your looking for a solid product with a great warranty and an amazing display this is probabaly the best thermal imaging camera for electrical inspections.
- It has a reliable resolution for its price.
- It is easy to carry around.
- It provides excellent image quality.
- It is affordable.
- It cannot take any videos.
PerfectPrime IR0018 Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera
The ergonomic design of the handle enables one to hold this thermal camera for long hours without getting tired too quickly. It has a high-resolution screen that displays five different colors for efficient viewing. The accuracy of this device is estimated to be around -+2 depending on the area you are measuring. It can work in different temperature regions with temperature ranges of -4 to 572 degrees.
- It features a durable and sturdy outer casing.
- It has high-resolution power like other big brands.
- It is quite cheaper than other brands.
- The camera provides clear and precise images.
- It cannot be used for other services like detecting natural gas leakage.
- It does not take videos.
To measure and get a good view of the electricity supply in a building, consider the above reviewed thermal imaging cameras. They are quite easy to use, even for beginners. Note that the cameras feature different resolution levels which are worth noting before buying to ensure you purchase the right camera for your electrical services. In you liked out best thermal imaging camera for electrical inspections, have any questions or want to write a review, leave a comment in a section below!